Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Worlds collide, in the nicest way

I decided to have a sonnet writing contest in the tech group I manage, requiring a $1 or equivalent entry fee for each sonnet submitted.  The prize is the pot of all the entry fees, plus a diorama submitted by NY staff of a certain tech giant company in a diorama contest I ran last year amongst the various tech companies with which we spend gazillions of dollars.  (The theme of that contest, which had many, many rules, was the Mamas & Papas.  See here for a few images from that contest.)

With some prodding my folks ground out 20 sonnets in a couple of days.  The site I'm posting them to (which will come down in a week) has become the #11 site via google for the surname of our tech-giant rep of the prize-pot diorama.  (Oh, yeah, one of the rules of the contest was the inclusion of his 4 syllable Armenian surname.)  It's a little odd.

No comments: