Monday, February 14, 2011

Our Valentines Day dinner in the borough of Love

Well, I'm wiping the cobwebs from my eyes.  I see I have a couple of unanswered emails from JalaPeno.  It's a call to post.  Bruddah, I'll answer.  Meanwhile:

we had buckwheat galettes in which we wrapped leftover duck confit, plum butter, and shallots (because I forgot to buy scallions).  The batter for the galettes is from David Tanis, and the confit is leftover from last night's dinner, still making it in the way Ruhlman outlines, and it was sitting there in the fridge for most of the last month, slumbered under it's pool of rendered and then congealed fat until we crisped it last night.  Magic duck fat.  And we had it with stir fried book choy and daikon.  We cooked it together,a la Valentine, Lota at the hot hot cast iron for the galettes and me at the wok.  Happy Valentines, y'all.   Food is love.

1 comment:

juju pongo said...

and Jala Peno loves stumpy back...