Friday, August 7, 2009

Pulse - obvious, but will it irradiate your garbanzos?

Via treehugger.

Which, sadly, reminds me that I lost a favorite hat on the way to work this morning.

Very unlike me, I decided I would wear a helmet for the ride this morning, then I decided I would wear a cap under it - my Prospect Park Alliance cap - and then I decided not to wear the helmet, but the cap was still on my head. Avante! Whizzing down 11th St. & close to 2nd Ave the cap kept coming up so I pulled it off and looped it on the left side of the handlebar. Yada yada yada, until I got to Jay & Fulton, pretty deadly spot in the morning rush, where I like to ride the yellow line so I can turn left into the extension that heads toward Boro Hall. Well, it was clogged with panel trucks, pick-ups & buses and I decided it might preserve my wished for life expectancy if I used a hand signal while turning through the gap between a couple of buses... and that's when it happened. Saw a little something flutter behind me, didn't think much of it but when I got to the next light, no cappy. Lah. I liked the little guy.

No comments: