Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tomatillo 2, iPod 0

Dear diary,
knowing that I would not be buying tomatillos again today to ward off my techsplurge (but knowing I had leftover salsa in the fridge for tonight), at lunchtime I trucked up to faithful Tekserve, got blue ticket number 37 for the iPod store, was called and promptly ordered the model iPod I want, of which the inventory system showed 4 in the store. After a nice chit-chat with the iPod lady about Crown Heights, the Slope and the in-between neighborhoods, and after an unusually long wait for the silver and black thingy to arrive... Apologies!! There wasn't a thingy to be found, inventory system not withstanding!

The spirit of the tomatillo is clearly protecting me.

While I'm here, let me say that the peppers I used in the salsa last night were garden cayenne that I picked up at the frmers market in Oly WA weekend before last. And woof! The basil we used on the red tomatoes last night came from neighbors Doyle & Nikki's roof garden. Ain't summer grand?

No comments: