Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dear diary: I ate till I busted a gut

Well, I thought, I'd like to have a meal just like we would order at Albano's Amorina, but I don't want to go out tonight.  So I decided to cook one.  When we go to Amorina, we always split a salad or two, then we split a pasta, and then we split a pizza.  Sooo... I made Bittman's Brussels sprouts & bacon (I used pancetta) and figs salad; then, with pesto Lota made and froze this summer, a dish of orecchiette with peas and pesto; then, with some leftover pizza dough I made a week or two ago, froze, and slipped out of the freezer last night - just in case - a pizza tre formaggi, with fresh mozzarella from Russo's, asagio and teleggio.

And, Lordy, after Lota stopped eating and flopped around gasping for breath, I just kept on going.  Until....

1 comment:

juju pongo said...

I wants to marry you esteban...