Sunday, April 27, 2008

080427 - dear diary

* The first new asparagus of the season from southern Jersey was at the market yesterday. Last night I grilled it along with some shrimp and dressed it in oil & pepperoncini & s&p. This afternoon I grilled up more of it and mixed it with sardines and some whole wheat penne (and used that pepperoncini soaked oil again). One more small batch - for tomorrow with either sausage from Flying Pigs or beef from Wicklow Orchards. Then I've give my urinary tract a break. (Stinko!)


* Well, I just have to have an Epiphone Mandobird IV, sunburst, thank you, and I'm gonna restring it for low G uke C tuning. Help me, please, won't you?

Meanwhile, I've stumbled on musurgia and retrofret.

Lorishki is in LV and saw the Raconteurs last evening. Meanwhile, closer to home, I took in the fab Jim Campilongo Electric Trio @ Barbes.

& why am I even posting here at blogspot? I have an awful lot invested in environy.weblogger.com - an awful lot behind the public pages. A little recent outage has pushed me to find someplace where I can use Safari more easily, and post by email. We'll see...

And wouldn't it be fun to revive Mr. Oblimov and Stumpy Delko and the Mermaid Slaves and all our old friends? (Maybe not. Probably not.)


1 comment:

mel said...

Well, yes -- if you're going to keep abandoning old blogs and starting new ones, you should at least bring the gang along with you.