Sunday, December 7, 2008

Shameless promotion: Melon Ride, and oddness

Well, blow me down. We met Ben Osto at a party last night. Ben is Spectacular Melon Ride Fuctifications. Totally. Took a look at his site this morning and followed a link to another of his projects - Web Wunderkammer. Yowza. The oldsters in the house will remember the long ago beloved Cabinet (on long gone editthispage.com), where some of us us first met. And I'm guessing that maybe only Lori will remember that before then I had created a Wunderkammen at panix.com, in 1997. More squishy coincidences. Ben pointed to ripping off Melies for his logo, and Melies' Trip to the Moon was, I think, the first film Lori and I collected on 8 mm, 1985 or '86? And my first big Wunderkammer piece was Lulu Calvert's Mechanical Butterfly - and Ben usess what as the index image for his cabinet?

No comments: