Saturday, January 24, 2009

These boots

I love these boots. They are Merrill's, a model they don't make any more. I bought them on the last day of September, 2004, or maybe the first day of October, in Santa Fe or Albuquerque, just before we started heading a little further west, through Gallop and into Flagstaff (where Lori was invited to attend a screening of This Land). And that's also where we hooked up with Juju Pongo and his Momz, and then headed up to the Grand Canyon. Evidence: the only picture I have of the boots other than the one I took this morning and posted up there on the left. See red circle in right.
Anywayz, the boots are +4 years old and have molded one piece soles and were way down in the heels and I thought, crap, I really don't want to get rid of these but they have these molded soles and what can I do? It never really occurred to me that a shoe repair person could get out his knives and fix me up. But that's just what happened. Hats off to Bravo Shoe Repair on 9th Street in the Slope! Hats off to the whole shrinking shoe repair trade! I have a pair of Naot's with a crack right across the sole of the left shoe, and I'm gonna bring them in to see what can be done.

No comments: