Wednesday, May 5, 2010

You're not going to believe what Dan Levy just told me

Sooo...  Night before the sardine pizza I had finished rereading The Solitudes (which I had only known as Ægypt), and that was after finishing rereading the Little Big.  I was 1,000 pages into Crowleyana and teetering on the brink of starting to reread Love and Sleep and investing another 500 pages of time.  And in fact I did start rereading Love and Sleep.  But first I put it into the same paper book cover that I had used for the other two Crowley books.  Then I thought, Oh, Why not, and I reinserted each book in turn into the yellow paper cover and photographed each.  I was going to post it all, then, but, I don't know, maybe I got tipsy and didn't.  Maybe I will tonight.  (It's the same cover I used for Nixonland.  Only totally different on the inside.)

BUT, wait, there's more: this afternoon at lunch time I decided to take a quick trip up to the green market to find something to cook with ground goat (I'm on a ground goat kick - picked up some very fresh broccoli raab and some shallots - need to find me some hot pepper action.  Vinegar?  Something.) and who sits down in the subway car across from me, but Dan Levy.  Dan Levy about whom I have said so many times over the last decade and a half first recommended to me that I read Crowley.  Haven't seen Dan in I think 3 years.  Dan!, I say, I was just thinking about you.  I just reread Little Big and The Solitudes!  And Dan says, Oh, I've never read them.  I hear they're great.

Begorrah!

No comments: