Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Reggie Watts, Dear Diary 080527, toy theater, rye, & cetera



Reggie Watts is at Joe's Pub on Thursday. Ooohhh, I wanna, but I canna no. Dang.

But, we been seeing the Toy Theater Festival at St. Ann's - and we have passes this year. Can't possibly get enough.

Hey, that comment I left on Joe Pye's post and I said I'd been spoofed on the steampunk NY<==>London telescope - turns out that the same afternoon I diddn't fine it, Lori's occasional colleague, let's call her Valentina, was at the NY end and has photos through the tube of a friend at the London end. So says Lota. But here's the rub: Lota's been telling me about Valentina for years - she's sometimes in NY, sometimes Paris, sometimes the Congo, always having adventures - but I've never met her. Never met her. I've often asked if she's imaginary. So, I don't know.

I read Reggie Nadelson's Red Hook, good Brookly detectivy thing, but I find Ms. Nadelson's sight so annoying I am hesitant to link - oh , screw, here it is, maybe you can figure out how to kill the music. The book is good BKLYN roosky latino cop black journalist real estate red scare screw the republican convention in NY fun.

And now am reading Tom Standage's A history of the world in 6 glasses. My kind of almost history. Am through the beer and wine sections and about to start the spirits section, which I've toasted with some fine Russell's reserve rye, from LeNell's in - dare I say - Red Hook. I love LeNell's. How could one not?

No comments: