Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dear Diary, bless our hot buttered souls

Thursday evening was Isaac Hayes in the park. I got to there a little late and, oh, what a crush. IH already on stage & so may people it must have taken 20 minutes to squeeze from the 11th St. entrance to the 9th St.side where there were fewer people and no line @ the beer tent. Hey, there were no local beers - what's up with that, Celebrate Brooklyn? Found it pretty airy behind the Gala area and IH had set out on what seemed an evening long version of Walk On By, and that was heaven. (And it was nothing like the video blow, but what the heck:

Really more like:


Leaning on the Gala fence I remembered that Lota & I often chatted about becoming members or donors or whatever, and this might be a nice time to look for a membership table. But as I cast my eyes abut, I also noticed that all of the many big flat panels in the members tent were showing sort-of best-of performances from past years. While Mr. Hayes and his orkestra were making soulful music 50 yards away. I stopped looking for a membership table.

No comments: