Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I am distracted, but my face smells good

Finding it hard to concentrate, and my reading is all jumpy. Am grazing through Michael Chabon's Maps and Legends, Leslie Day's Field Guide to the Natural World of New York City (and more about that on a day when I have it more together), and Jim Sheeler's Obit: Inspiring Stories of Ordinary People Who Led Extraordinary Lives. Obit and Field Guide are, clearly, bathroom books, while Maps is a subway book.

The news is, after more than a year of using a brush and soap to shave, I've tried a bar of Lightfoot's Pine Shave Creme Soap, and WOW! I climbed a couple of flights of stairs yesterday morning, working up the slightest sheen of perspiration, and was overcome with the sense of piney freshness all around me. I looked left and right, wondering where it was coming from. Then I realized: it was coming from my face.

Can't wait to get a whiff of myself on the bike ride down town.

No comments: