Saturday, August 9, 2008

Chocolate Emitt Rhodes

There's a Christopher Norman storefront tucked into 60 New Street, which has become (the street, not the shop) something of a war zone of construction and car-traps leading to the back of the NYSE and is one of the few streets in Manhattan where the little google man refuses to show you a street-level view. They have a beautiful little Faema - I think an e61 - on which they make one of the best and most reliable espresso I know. And it's a buck. Plus $0.0825. And the guy who usually mans the shop is great, knows lots of regulars, and is always playing music worth listening to.

Last week I was in there and I'm listening and listening and I'm thinking, I know who that is, who is that? It's Emitt Rhodes! Poppy as all get-out and as great as it sounded back in, uh, 1970.

No comments: