Wednesday, August 6, 2008

'ittle 'ikey, 'ttle 'ikey, oh oh oh

Seems to me I've mentioned 'ittle 'ikey a number of times but never thought to make a full introduction. That's the darlin' at rest, over there. At some point after I started riding half way to work I decided that having a bike I could bring onto the subway would be a good thing for a little extra mobility & flexibility. I looked around at the usual suspects (Dahon - nyah, Brompton - I regularly hit potholes bigger than it's tires, BikeFriday - I'm not fancy enough).

Then! I ran across swift folder references on the web, was really excited to see that here at the center of the universe they are sold through Recycle-A-Bicycle, subwayed myself down to dumbo, found 'ittle 'ikey, went for a couple of spins, and low and behold rode myself home.

So, on this last trip of ours, I not only brought a uke, I also brought my bike. Fits nicely in a Mini, by the by. Now 'ittle 'ikey knows the pleasure of having biked across Shelter Island from Crescent Beach to that last cluster of hillocks into Wade's beach at 10 in the morning mid-week in the height of summer, swoosh into the carless lot, hot as a dog & panting for cool, clear water. (Water.)


View Larger Map

No comments: