Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Homeland security - tunnel duty

Whitehall StreetBack in January I took a couple of snaps of objects & graffiti inside of (through the windows) the little booth at the south end of the Whitehall R station where it goes under the river in what I think they used to call the Montague tunnel. The woe's of bored cops, tattered duty logs and scratchiti. I've tried a few times to improve the image there to the left, but never gotten anything useful, and of course I didn't think to transcribe the graffiti when I saw it. What I can make out is:

The only thing that would make this more
like my own personal hell would be to
... (not the "good old shit")
piped in along with "show tunes" and
"... country music" while fixed here
around the clock with me ....
... with Home and Garden
Network on the monitor and ....
.....

No comments: