Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Radioyo echo eco

Home with the skankiest of colds / chest goo / general collapse, and I get a chance to catch up on some radio and give an east coast echo to Juju's post last week or so.

Lopate has John R. Ehrenfeld on - all around eco-big and author of the current Sustainability by Design. (There's a very small reference in there to the two-button toilet: I remember the first time I saw one, I think maybe in Paris. And it presented an Ahh moment.) Wikipedia has a big entry on sustainable design. I haven't done a lot of reading in this area, but was struck by McDonough and Braungart's Cradle to Cradle when I read it back in 2002 / 2003. The big lesson I took away from that was, If you don't use poisons to make the damned thing, you don't have to worry about getting the poison's out when you throw it away, eh?

No comments: