Monday, September 29, 2008

Who made this bed? Do I have to sleep in it?

The gentleman who sells tube socks on the street, up and down every street, in our neighborhood and who has done so since before any of us moved here, still is.  Heidi, mother of Stella (3 legged, and not to be confused with Stella 4 legged who lives next door) says she's never seen anyone buy any of his socks, and Lota and I realized, yeah, neither have we.  But he soldiers on.  None of us have seen for quite a while the man who used to sell pencils - maybe not for a few years now, but we are only just realizing it.  I've always loved pencils, and if I ever have to choose between selling pencils and tube socks, it's a no-brainer for me.

(The top image is AP, the bottom Reuters / NYT.  Anyone with seriously nothing to do or a morbid curiousity might want to read the text of the defeated bill.)

No comments: