Tuesday, September 29, 2009

No whining, NY Dems - get out there and vote for de Blasio in the run-off. Now!

In my mailbox today from Betsy Gotbaum:
Dear Steve,

Today is the runoff and I wanted to tell you why I believe Bill de Blasio is the best choice to be New York City’s next Public Advocate.

Throughout Bill’s eight years in the City Council, I have seen first-hand the leadership and dedication he will bring to the Public Advocate’s office. We worked together to increase access to food stamps for hungry New Yorkers and provide better resources for the homeless. I stood with Bill as part of the coalition he led to stop the Mayor from undemocratically extending term limits.

I have joined the New York Times, Citizens Union and many other prominent elected leaders in endorsing Bill because of his exceptional record of independence and integrity. I know without a doubt that Bill has the best temperament and record to be our next Public Advocate. Please join me in voting for Bill TODAY. New Yorkers need a Public Advocate who offers new solutions for the future of our City and to keep this vital office strong.

Polls are open across the City today from 6AM (now!) until 9PM tonight. To find your polling location, please visit Bill's website. I hope you will join me today in voting for Bill de Blasio for our next Public Advocate.

-Public Advocate Betsy Gotbaum

No comments: